Most web hosting companies in the US offer Linux Web hosting which is affordable for small businesses. All the Linux packages offer a cPanel (control panel), to manage basic administrative duties and access to web tools that enable you to add a gallery, blog or a forum to your site.
Cheap web hosting Companies in USA
Most US’s web hosting providers also offer a Linux Reseller with WHM (Web Host Module) product. You can become a web host too without spending thousands. You will pay a small fee to the actual host and the web users who signed under you, will pay you a monthly fee. This type of hosting also allows you to produce your own web hosting packages and rebrand the cPanel to include your own company logo.
Linux is convenient and that is one of the reasons it is the most popular server solution on the internet. This OP has three important components, which are PHP, MySQL and Price. MySQL database support and a wide selection of ready-made tools such as WordPress, Drupal and Joomla allow you to build a website easily and fast.
Linux Web Hosting Email Features
Linux Web Hosting supports emails. It also provides useful functions such as email forwarders, auto-responders, anti-spam, as well as email anti-virus.
- Forwarders – email forwarders function allows you to setup multi email accounts. These emails will therefore be forwarded to a single POP3 mailbox. All these multi emails will share one email box.
- Auto-responders – this setup can be enabled when you want to send auto replies to received emails. Companies that always receive tons of emails usually use this. So in order to acknowledge your customers, you can thank them for contacting you and tell them that one of your consultants will get in touch with them.
- Anti-spam and anti-virus are there to scan all the received emails and make sure that there are no harmful links or attachments. If the scanner finds that the email has toxic files, it will mark them as spam and won’t be delivered to your inbox.
Linux hosting is recommended for casual web users because it offers a wide selection of ready-made applications. These applications can be customised by clicking options.
Linux Operating System
Most US web hosting providers offer a wide range of different Linux operating software. A usual formation for a Linux server is the LAMP platform: Python/PHP/Perl, Linux, MySQL and Apache. Linux is considered as the most common type of operating system and millions of websites on the internet use it.
Benefits of using Linux
There are a number of features that make Linux one of the best operating systems for hosting websites and they are:
- Linux is free Open Source software. There’s no need for you to purchase any license.
- There is a large support for Linux since it is the largest web hosting community.
- You don’t have to power it down or rebooted like other operating systems.
- It offers excellent user security. The Linux user model keeps websites secured and protects against malicious viruses.