Web hosting Guide and Cheap web hosting in USA
webdesignideas is designed with aim to guide Americans about the cheapest and reliable web hosting solutions in the USA. We have reviewed the best hosting companies around the Globe. Our website covers all aspects about designing a website .we offer Guidance on hosting, creating website using content Management system (CMS) e.g. Word press, and we also offer guidance on hosting solution that is tailored for your website. We also Give Tips on how produce website content and web designing solutions.
Cheap web hosting Companies in USA
Web hosting is an online service that allows internet users to store their websites on the internet through a web host. A web host is a website hosting company or provider that provides hosting services to individuals and organisations.
Websites are hosted and stored on servers. A server is a big special computer designed to store website files such as documents, HTML, photos, and videos. These services and technologies help web users to access web pages on the internet.When a person searches for your website on the internet, the server will transfer web files back to the user. From here, users will be able to access any page of your website.
Best web hosting providers require you to have your own domain name in order to start hosting with them. A domain name is a website name. If you do not have a domain name yet, simply create one and register it with a registrar. A registrar is a company that helps you register your website name. Once you have successfully registered your domain name, you can then host it with your chosen web host.
Type of web hosting solutions we offer.
- Shared hosting
- Dedicated hosting
- VPS Servers
- Word Press Hosting
- Reseller hosting
- Cloud Hosting
- Virtual Private Severs
Shared hosting– This type of web hosting is usually used by small business and start-up business and owners of small Blogs. The best package for startup business or website owners
Dedicated Servers – This means that you get your own server with your own IP Address .That means all the hardware on the server is only used on your website or websites.
VPS Severs– Servers is that hosting company doesn’t not support this in most case, this type of servers are usually for engineers that really understand setting up servers and maintaining them. For this server you will need someone who is qualified for your server maintenance.
Word Press Hosting – This Type of hosting , hosts will support you with any issues that you face in the hosting process and if you Backups and more this type of hosting is offered by almost all the hosts.
Reseller Web Hosting – Most freelancers use this type of hosting, the hosting company has added dashboard for you to be able sell hosting packages to your customers. Most web development companies use type of hosting to offer affordable web hosting solution for their customer.
Cloud Hosting – This Type of Hosting will help if you have high traffic website because the can be pricey startups. This is best hosting solutions for website with High Traffic and More.
Virtual Private Server – this type of hosting is a dedicated web hosting server but it shares resources from other server things like the RAM, CPU and more. Is an upgrade from shared web hosting.
Guidelines to web hosting usa
- What is a web hosting
- Types of web hosting
- Choosing the right web hosting plan and provider
- What is a domain name
- How to create a domain name
- How to create a website from scratch
- How to create a website using CMS
- How to create a website using Site builders
Web Host explained
Web host is a big computer server that stores websites. Big companies such as Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook and IBM have their own servers. This helps them to manage their web servers. This is a lot more expensive than finding a web hosting company, which will host your website. Hosting websites with best web hosting UK providers is cheaper and easier.
The term “web host” in the United Kingdom refers to the company that hosts your website. As mentioned-above, the hosting provider will store your website files such as documents, HTML, videos, photos and many more. Most hosting companies require you to pay a monthly fee or annually. They make sure that your website runs 24/7 and provides internet connection so that users can access information on your site.
Creating a website
You can create your own website using two methods, which are Content Management Systems (CMS) and Website Builder. CMS features WordPress, which is free, customizable and easy to use. Second tool is Joomla, also free and has options that are more built-in. The third tool is Drupal, it is free, technically advanced and websites perform better.
With CMS, you get to choose from a wide selection of site functions and designs. However, the creation and management process is easy with Website Builder. Popular Site Builders are Weebly and Wix but they are not free. Wix allows you to build a website from Scratch with SEO functions built in. Weebly comes with highly customizable features and it is easy to use. Sometimes you can create a free account with Weebly, but the domain name will end with weebly.com.
Types of Web Hosting in UK
Website users can now enjoy different types of web hosting plans that meet their needs. This includes cheap web hosting for small businesses looking for business web hosting. As technology is advanced, best web hosting companies and software developer are now coming up with ways to help you manage your website. Below are few types of web hosting packages one can choose from before signing up with any web host:
- Shared Hosting
- Dedicated Servers
- Virtual Dedicated Servers
- Managed Hosting
- Website Builder
- Cloud Hosting
Shared Web Hosting
The most common type of web hosting is Shared Web Hosting. In shared hosting, your website and other websites are hosted and stored in one server. This type of hosting is cheaper but the domains share a common pool of server resources such as CPU and RAM. Shared hosting comes with advantages and disadvantages and we have listed them below:
- It is cheaper and can be paid monthly, costing from few hundreds to thousands.
- It’s easy to use. Your hosting company does most of the work. Things such as maintenance and security updates are taken care of by your host.
- Downside of this hosting plan is you limited ability to handle high traffic.
- No root access.
If traffic is not too much on your website, Shared web hosting will be able to handle applications such as Zen Cart, Magento, Joomla, MediaWiki, Drupal and WordPress.
Dedicated Server Hosting
Dedicated server hosting is one of the most expensive type of hosting. In Dedicated server, you get your own server, resources offered to you only, and no one else. Dedicated hosting also comes with advantages and disadvantages. See the following information:
- You don’t share your server with anyone.
- You have dedicated resources.
- You can customise or choose the precise software and hardware requirements of the server that meet your requirements.
- You have full control and have a root access.
- One of the disadvantages is, it is more expensive.
- Also, you must have technical knowledge in order to manage and configure the server.
Virtual Dedicated Servers
Virtual Dedicated servers, also known as virtual private servers, are servers almost similar to Dedicated server hosting. The web hosting provider simulated serves on each machine, appearing as if you have your own Dedicated Server. However, the other virtual serves run on the same server. The following are advantages and disadvantages that come with Virtual Dedicated Servers:
- Not costly compared to Dedicated Server.
- One machine manages many servers alone.
- You don’t need to have prior technical knowledge to manage it.
Managed Web Hosting
Managed Web Hosting plan offers you a dedicated server but the hosting provider manages the server for you. The web host will be responsible for managing things such as patch management, virus protection, hardware, operating system and many more. Below are the advantages and disadvantages of Managed We Hosting:
- You still have full control over the machine.
- You are responsible for your website content.
- The downside of Managed Hosting is costs. It is usually expensive but you can negotiate the hosting fee with your hosting company.
Website Builder is one of the easiest ways to build and host a website online. Website builder comes with lots of well-designed templates that are ready to be customised. There’s no experience needed and you can make your site looks exactly the way you want it through its features. The Site Builder comes with the following advantages and disadvantages:
- It includes a free domain name.
- Comes with a web hosting account that is automatically set-up.
- It’s easy to use and publish a site online.
- You can edit your site anytime.
- No need to find a web developer who will charge you thousands of Rands.
- One of the disadvantages of website builder is that ecommerce sites are tricky.
- Also, website functionality is very hard.
Cloud Hosting is a hosting plan where Dedicated Hosting and Shared Hosting meet half way. Cloud Hosting comes with nice features and advantages. Here Cloud servers share the physical server hardware with other cloud servers. However, splits-up and special virtualisation technology partitions make sure that all the servers have their own dedicated resources and can be managed just like a Dedicated Server. Below are the advantages and disadvantages of Cloud Hosting:
- It’s more flexible and puts your website in a favourable environment.
- It is fast and easy to upgrade when website traffic is too high.
- Your site has its own dedicated resources with its own CPU, memory and bandwidth.
- Your website will have more resources available than Shared Web Hosting.
- Disadvantage of this is experience. You need a higher level of technical knowledge to fully manage it.
How to choose a web-hosting
- First you need to know what kind of website you will be having
- Think about website traffic
- Compare what kind of a hosting package will meet your needs
- Before you make a decision, read our hosting reviews by visiting our reviews page
- You can also choose any of the above-listed hosting providers in the UK
Web hosting FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is ASP or ASP.NET?
ASP or ASP.NET is a programming language that allows your site to be more active. Each mentioned programming language mentioned comes with benefits.
What is PHP?
PHP is also a programming language used by websites. This allows your site to be more lively. In a definition, PHP is an HTML embedded scripting language that allows you to create a dynamic website. It is an Open Source, cross-platform and server-side scripting language. PHP also allows you to edit pages the same way you do in HTML pages.
How do I find a web-hosting provider?
Finding a web hosting company is simple. Scroll up and choose any US web hosting provider. If you are not sure of which one is the best webhosting provider in the US, visit our webhost reviews page for more information.
How do I pay for hosting services?
Nowadays webhosting vendors use different methods to accept payments. For Dedicated Solutions, MyBackups and Hosting Plans, you can choose the below options:
- Monthly via Credit Card or Debit Card
- 6 months deal via Credit Card or Debit Order
- Annually which is 12 months via Credit Card or Debit Order
How long does it take to sign up with a webhost?
Setting up an account with a webhost provider in the US is fast and simple. It usually takes between 10 and 20 minutes for everything to be ready. Then your website will be active on the internet.
Do I need to have web hosting experience?